Thursday, February 19, 2009

hats are faster to knit than dresses

It took me, what, 2 months to knit that dress? And here I am, back in a mere week with photos of my finished cloche cuteness. (The crown hasn't been blocked yet, but at least I can put it on!) Ignore my stoned look, it's way past my bedtime and it shows.


I'm not 100% happy with this, partly because I fudged a bit where I had to pick up stitches around the band to form the crown and left too big a hole in one part, and partly because the yarn all over had some fluffy bits and particles of hay that I didn't manage to pick out. In retrospect, I think a more commercial, "perfect" yarn would have suited this project better. I was going to knit up the other colour alpaca I had into a second one of these, but I think I'll find something else for that and if I do this hat again it'll be in commercial wool or even (gasp!) synthetic. But, it's cute, and very soft and warm. And ten bucks says it looks cuter on Rowan.

No comments: