Monday, December 29, 2008

ah crap...

I was almost 2/3 done the front (or back, whatever, the other bit) for Rowan's dress when I counted the stitches to see how many more decreases I had to do... and found that I'd managed to cast on 10 extra stitches. BUGGER.

So I unravelled it all. I'm not a happy camper today.

Monday, December 22, 2008

back of dress: finished

I finished the back of Rowan's "christmas" dress today, and did the most beautiful casting-off I've done yet, which was even more impressive since it was accomplished in between toddler mini-fits.

I don't know if I should block it now or wait til it's all done - does it matter? Because the whole dress will take a lot of towel/ironing board space, it would be nice to do it one piece at a time, but if it gets gibbled up again in between blocking and sewing I'd have to do it again. Anyone? Help?

Thursday, December 18, 2008

that pillow thing

The pillow cover turned out somewhat larger than I'd envisioned. It's exactly the same size as the cushions on the back of our couch, so I could attach it to one of those, and it would look pretty cool - except the couch is covered by a large quilt because it is a cheap Ikea couch and vulnerable to children and pets, so nobody would ever see it.

Also, the child rather likes it as a cape. I hope this is not the fate of ALL the knitwear I produce.

Friday, December 5, 2008


I finished the knitting portion of the pillow and am blocking it. I seem to have 4 identically sized squares of knitting, although secretly in my heart I know that two of them have one more row than the other two. So I will join the same-sized ones together across, and then join those two wide pieces together up-and-down, and hopefully it will work. I don't think the height difference will be visible.

If all goes well, there will be pictures of the finished pillow tomorrow!